Sunday 9 September 2012

Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries, Bananas, and Chocolate Chips

You know how sometimes you see something that just looks amazing, that makes you drool just looking at it?  Well, when I saw Inspired Taste's Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries, Bananas, and Chocolate Chips I knew I had to have it.  It just looks so scrumpcious.  
So I pulled out a bowl and went to work.



Lined everything up to be just as pretty as Inspired Taste's.

And set it in the oven while (im)patiently awaiting their finish.

And loaded it up in Mason Jars for my breakfasts.  In behind is breakfast quinoa, which is TO DIE FOR.  I'll make a post on it later!


Looks can be deceiving though.  Maybe I did something wrong, maybe it just doesn't taste great when not eaten right away.  I'm not sure.  But these tasted kind of bitter.  I'm going to try adding some stevia on top, in hopes that will help, perhaps with some milk too, but on it's own it just didn't live up to my hopes and dreams.  I do know I did one thing wrong though, which may account for the taste.  The recipe calls for MELTED butter, but I just threw in normal butter and tried to mix it as well as possible. I thought it looked kind of odd, but figured it was supposed to melt into the casserole while it was baking. 

Chunky bits of butter.  It's not supposed to look like this!


All in all I think I'd try this one again, but I'd do a couple things different.  First, I'd melt the butter, haha.  Secondly, I'd split the amount of brown sugar and use Stevia in place.  With the brown sugar 1/6 of the casserole has 18g of sugar, which is more than half of what I aim my daily sugar intake to be!

I have what I consider a very exciting post coming up soon!  I can't wait to share it with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment